We all know the horror stories that are rampant when it comes to facebook and jobs. However, there are positive ways to use the social networking site to potentially grab a job. Of course, facebook is a double-edged sword. Use it the wrong way and potential employers wont even consider looking twice.
Some positive ways to use facebook to help in your job search include:
- Posting previous employment information.
- Having a friendly, personalized profile page that is appropriate and contains insight into you.
- Posting family event pictures, appropriate photos of you with friends, etc.
- Presenting education information.
All of the above are very simple things to do. You might wonder “why should I make my profile friend and personalized but appropriate?” The answer is simple. Potential employers may look at numbers, previous jobs, education and more to determine if you are right for the job, but you are a person. They want an idea as to how you might get along with others and the easiest source to see that? Facebook.
Of course there are negative ways that could harm potential employment. These include:
- Posting inappropriate photos with excessive partying, etc.
- Crude jokes and profanity on your wall.
- Updating your status all the time.
The status updating is a huge red flag for potential employers. If they see that they may think all you do is sit at work and wait until your next facebook status update.
If you are careful with how you manage your facebook profile, it could help you land a job! But remember, there’s always a drawback and you must be careful.
The most recent search terms used on Technical Schools Guide:
- Arizona veterinary law
- aviation electrician
- is there training for veterinary techs in columbia sc
- missouri board of registered veterinary technician
- images electricity
- top trade careers
- popular trade careers
- vtne colorado
- colonial gunsmiths
- trades to take up in school