The demand for skilled veterinary technicians continues to grow and there are positions available in almost every location. There are many rewarding careers in the vet tech area in Alabama. If you are currently considering becoming a vet technician and plan to work in Alabama, completing a training program at one of colleges for veterinary technician or vet tech schools will help prepare you to work in this rewarding career field. There are many veterinary technician schools and vet tech colleges in Alabama.
Some of the courses offered in a training program at a veterinarian tech school are available as online courses. The majority of the training involved at a vet tech school will include hands on training in procedures such as laboratory techniques, preparing slides, urinalysis and other areas. After you complete training one of the veterinary tech schools you will need to get licensed as a veterinary technician to work in the state of Alabama.
You will need to take the Veterinary Technician’s National Examination (VTNE). If you took the VTNE in a state other than in Alabama, you must get your scores reported to the Alabama Board Office. The American Association of Veterinary State Boards will do this for you. The VTNE scores must be received and meet the Alabama Practice Act standards before an application is processed. After the application is approved, you can take the Alabama State Board Exam. There is usually an application fee to take this written examination. After you have completed the Alabama State Board Exam, you may be interviewed by the Alabama State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners. If you do well on the test and the interview, you will receive your license to practice as a vet tech in Alabama.
Alabama requires that you renew your license annually. Regarding the renewal process in Alabama, there is a strict set of renewal dates you must follow. During the month of October you will be mailed a renewal packet with step-by-step directions. You must complete the renewal of your license before January 1 or your license will expire and you will be mailed an expiration notice. You will be charged late renewal fees if you let your license expire.
Alabama State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners
8 Commerce Street – Suite 910
Montgomery, AL 36130-5330
Find Alabama vet tech schools that can help you obtain a license as a veterinary technician.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- vet tech schools in alabama
- alabama veterinary technician license
- vet tech schools in montgomery alabama
- alabama vet tech licensing
- get vet tech certificate alabama
- requirements for registered vet tech exam in Alabama
- vet tech license application alabama
- what does it take to be a licensed vet tech in ala
- what license or tests are required for a veterinarian in alabama
The most recent search terms used on Technical Schools Guide:
- vet tech state requirements south carolina
- vet tech requirements wyoming
- list do kolegi list do kolegi
- How much do vet techs make
- texas state law exam for vet tech license
- how much do welders make at boeing
- best trade careers
- Top 20 Trade Careers
- vet tech requirements texas
- mo licensing requirements for vet tech