Vet tech schools in Maine focus on specific areas of study. These areas include animal care and handling, animal anatomy and physiology, and clinical procedures and techniques. Students acquire skills from taking X-rays to maintaining medical records, from preparing for and assisting with surgery to providing grief counseling to those who’ve lost a pet.
In addition to their coursework and lab work, students complete two internships at Maine veterinary facilities. Optionally one of the internships may be done at a laboratory. Graduates of vet tech schools in Maine have gone on to employment with businesses, nonprofits, and government, working at large veterinary hospitals, small veterinary private practices, commercial poultry and dairy companies, biological and medical research laboratories, pharmaceutical firms, and other facilities.
In order to become a licensed veterinary technician in Maine, a person must complete a college program of at least 2 years that is certified according to the standards adopted by the American Veterinary Medical Association’s Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities or an equivalent program, as determined by the Maine Board of Veterinary Medicine.
The person must then pass the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE). The VTNE is administered by the American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB). In addition, the person seeking a Maine vet tech license must pass a criminal background check with a $21 fee, as well as pay a $150 application fee and a $50 license fee.The vet tech license term is then one year, running from October 1 to September 30. Each year a renewal fee of $50 must be paid to remain licensed as a veterinary technician in Maine.
Maine Board of Veterinary Medicine
Department of Professional and Financial Regulation
August, ME 04333
Find Maine vet tech schools that can help you obtain a license as a veterinary technician.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- vet tech schools in maine
- veterinary technician certification maine
- maine vet tech
- how become veterinary technician in maine
- veterinary assistant certification in maine
- veterinary assistant certificate maine
- vet tech certification in main e
- state of maine renewal veterinary technician license
- requirements to take lvt exam in maine
- maines requirement for vet tech
The most recent search terms used on Technical Schools Guide:
- electrician memes
- how to apply to take the missouri vet tech exam
- which trade is right for me
- vet technology certification massachusetts
- what trade is right for me
- vetrinary technician ct
- how do you become a vet tech kentucky
- nfl players attends university of phoinex
- veterinary technician training required for north carolina
- Good Trade Careers