Vet tech schools in Maine focus on specific areas of study. These areas include animal care and handling, animal anatomy and physiology, and clinical procedures and techniques. Students acquire skills from taking X-rays to maintaining medical records, from preparing for and assisting with surgery to providing grief counseling to those who’ve lost a pet.
In addition to their coursework and lab work, students complete two internships at Maine veterinary facilities. Optionally one of the internships may be done at a laboratory. Graduates of vet tech schools in Maine have gone on to employment with businesses, nonprofits, and government, working at large veterinary hospitals, small veterinary private practices, commercial poultry and dairy companies, biological and medical research laboratories, pharmaceutical firms, and other facilities.
In order to become a licensed veterinary technician in Maine, a person must complete a college program of at least 2 years that is certified according to the standards adopted by the American Veterinary Medical Association’s Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities or an equivalent program, as determined by the Maine Board of Veterinary Medicine.
The person must then pass the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE). The VTNE is administered by the American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB). In addition, the person seeking a Maine vet tech license must pass a criminal background check with a $21 fee, as well as pay a $150 application fee and a $50 license fee.The vet tech license term is then one year, running from October 1 to September 30. Each year a renewal fee of $50 must be paid to remain licensed as a veterinary technician in Maine.
Maine Board of Veterinary Medicine
Department of Professional and Financial Regulation
August, ME 04333
Find Maine vet tech schools that can help you obtain a license as a veterinary technician.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- vet tech schools in maine
- maine veterinary technician licensing
- becoming a vet tech in maine
- how to become a veterinarian in maine
- maine veterinary terchnichian license
- veterinary technician credentials in maine
The most recent search terms used on Technical Schools Guide:
- Top 20 Trade Careers
- restaurant colors psychology
- inurl:/register upcoming published submit -inurl: php title:register
- becoming a vet tech in illinois
- ipad repair training
- Popular Search Terms Public Group Recent Search Terms
- incoming search terms for the article keywordluv
- inurl:/bookmark-button/ nuovo
- incoming search terms easy trading keywordluv
- vet tech programs in DC