Hawaii is home to more than 200 veterinary technicians out of a total population of just over a million people. A vet tech career has recently been highlighted as a recession proof job, and there is a need for qualified vet techs in the state of Hawaii. Hawaii vet tech license requirements include completion of at least an associate degree at an accredited vet tech school in Hawaii. You must also pass the VTNE (Veterinary Technician National Examination) given by the American Association of State Veterinary Boards (AASVB). The VTNE is a 200 question, multiple-choice exam covering the knowledge required for a vet tech. In fact, to even be eligible to take the VTNE, a prospective candidate must have graduated from a vet tech school accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
There are also multiple schools throughout the country offering distance learning programs accredited by the AVMA. This is a potentially attractive approach for Hawaii residents interested in a vet tech career, since the degree can be earned while still residing in Hawaii. In selecting a vet tech school, there are a number of important factors to consider.
Some of the vet tech programs require completion of basic core college courses such as biology, writing and mathematics. Others require that the student to be employed in a veterinary practice, for example, as a veterinary assistant. Another unique requirement for distance learning vet tech schools is the need for a mentor in Hawaii, who plays an important role in guiding students through the program. The mentor is typically a veterinarian, and cooperation of a suitable mentor must be secured prior to considering distance learning.
Hawaii Board of Veterinary Examiners
PO Box 3469
Honolulu, HI 96801
Find Hawaii vet tech schools that can help you obtain a license as a veterinary technician.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- vet tech hawaii
- vet tech schools in hawaii
- hawaii vet tech
- become a veterinary technician hawaii
- veterinary technicians hawaii
- veterinary technician state board exam hawaii
- registered veterinary technician in hawaii jobs
- is there vet tech schools in hawaii
- hawaii veterinary technician license
- hawaii veterinary technician board
The most recent search terms used on Technical Schools Guide:
- total primary energy supply flow infographic
- good portrait photography
- top trade schools
- Top 20 Trade Careers
- list do kolegi list do kolegi
- how to become a veterinarian technician in texas
- celebrities that went to trade school
- famous people who went to trade schools
- growing trade jobs
- pomeranian cuts