If you are planning to pursue a career as a vet tech in Massachusetts you need to adhere to the set regulations in order to obtain a vet tech license that will allow you to work in the state. Massachusetts vet techs are involved in animal care and treatment. In vet tech colleges they are trained to perform lab tests, administer drugs, perform surgical procedures, collect urine and even X-ray processing. Just like any other medical training they are taught animal anatomy and problem diagnosis. For you to get a vet tech operating license you must pass all the relevant examinations and display high level skills in the practical aspect of the training.
Obtaining a vet etch license Massachusetts is a process that begins when you enroll in a veterinarian training school. Such vet tech colleges in Massachusetts must be accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA). To get a full list of the schools that have been accredited to offer the training in Massachusetts you can go to the association’s website.
Training for a bachelor’s degree in veterinary medicine takes about three years including the field practical period. After successful completion of the training one must then apply for the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). If you do any other vet tech training, you may still be allowed to practice as a vet tech in Massachusetts although you are not eligible for the VTNE exam. To take this test you must have gone through an accredited vet tech training college.
All applicants for the Veterinary Technician National Exam are required to produce original transcripts when applying for VTNE. You may either present the transcripts together with the application or request the college where you did your vet tech training to send them to the American Association of Veterinary State Board.
To get annual renewal license of operation in Massachusetts you need to gain refresher training from time to time. Without these it is virtually impossible to have the license renewed. If you get your training from colleges other than the accredited Massachusetts vet tech colleges, you are required to produce your transcripts plus evidence of high level experience in this field.
A Massachusetts vet tech license enables one to work in the animal hospitals and clinics that are scattered across the state.
Massachusetts Board of Registration Veterinary Medicine
1000 Washington Street, Suite 710
Boston, MA 02118-6100
Find Massachusetts vet tech schools that can help you obtain a license as a veterinary technician.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- vet tech requirements massachusetts
- can a vet tech work in mass without a license?
- do you need a license to be a vet tech in mass?
- Eligibility to take Vet Tech License in MA
- massachusetts veterinary technician requirements
- national vet tech board license in MA
- requirements for working as a vet tech in massachusetts
- vet tech requirement in ma
The most recent search terms used on Technical Schools Guide:
- photography business steps invest in the right equipment
- top trade careers
- top ten trade schools
- how to become a vet tech in texas
- great paying jobs in florida
- hood public group popular search terms recent search terms
- Recent Search Terms Popular Search Terms Public Group
- leitch inurl:/recentlycommented
- inurl:/node/2 you are here
- Hawaii Veterinary technicians